Covid and Creativity

I have covid brain fog.

Alternatively, I am exhausted after recently having covid, so my brain isn't working well. Either way, I have brain fog.

I did write a poem in the middle of covid. This is how it appeared from  my covid ridden body, and exactly how it felt. It is not edited, changed or otherwise improved. 

CovidIs likeA running rug ofSuffocating threadsA taking over, ofThe body's pathways,Flooding themwith swollen aching riversPulsating corners,It grips and squeezes, runs hot through veinsRelentless ruthless searching outEvery cornerSends hammers into bones and timpani into jointsSickness into stomachAnd a bombTo blow up your earIt eats your energy, sucks you dryDemands deference, surrender, a giving inA lowered brainless state of mute acknowledgementIt is boss,for now


It still is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mind The Gap

Proof Reading 'Sibling Poets' and Getting Those Pages Right